Saturday, 14 May 2011

Some people talk to Express their feelings ... I dance

I had to give up ballet so that I could focus on year 12 and the school musical. Year 12 is hecitic as and having the lead in the musical is great but really stressful. With ballet though, I was never stressed. Everytime I dance I can feel myself healing. I feel all of the bad thoughts and feelings melt away into my dance. The second that QCS is over I'm going back to dance! Without it I feel like I have lost my means of communication and everything I want to say doesn't come out right. I used to go to dance class and not have any little group there because it was my 'me' time, my time to let go. God gave me dance so that I could have something that was just mine where I could feel complete freedom. In every piruette, split and jump I makes me feel like I could fly through the air. Everyone has somewhere they go to escape. Mine isn't a place its a state of mind. The complete relief and peace I feel when I dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment